At DirectAxis, we often sponsor events, projects and brands that offer a significant return as well as support the building of a better South Africa.
We will consider sponsorships for projects that:
- Speak to our purpose of giving South Africans the power to build better lives
- Has a national footprint
- Offers excellent marketing return
There is so much wonderful work happening in the community, exciting events and talented individuals. Unfortunately, we cannot assist everyone. Below you will find a list of projects and requests we will not be able to fund.
- Sponsorship of Community sports teams, individual or recreation clubs for tours and exchanges
- Fundraising event requests to purchase tickets to gala events, raffles, contests, competitions
- Requests to pay for tickets to conferences, workshops and member subscriptions
- Political or quasi-political bodies, trade unions, religious organisations and faith-based organisations.
- Meeting the costs of collecting donations from others
- Endowment trusts
- Commercial ventures (e.g. closed corporations and other for profit activities) with no community benefit
- Loans and investments
- Blood sports and Gambling
- Individual school donation requests
- Projects that denigrate, exclude or offend communities, individuals and groups
- Projects that involve the taking of unnecessary risks and/or which may put public safety at risk.
- Projects that create environmental hazards.
- Once off events
- Any request that benefits a family or an individual (such as financial aid, medical or other requests).
- Operational costs and salaries, other than those included in our systemic investments or related to the coordination of a sponsorship property
If your project meets the criteria and is not listed in the exclusions, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. While we try to answer all emails, if you have not heard from us in 14 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
We also offer social investment grants to non-profit organisations via the FirstRand Foundation, which require no marketing return. For grant applications please email email@example.com